Monday, June 15, 2009

Mix this,Grill and a question

Fresh basil, cilantro, oregano and garlic.
Chop above ingredients well and mix together with a pinch of sea salt.
1 pound of fresh shrimp, peeled and butterflied.
2 tbsps evoo
Combine all ingredients and let marinate for 4-6 hours in the fridge.
Grill and when done squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on top.

I had the shrimp for diner as well as a fresh snapper fillet with the same herb and garlic mixture. (all locally caught)
Simple flavors that taste great and easy to prepare!





















Why do you try keep in shape? I tell you why I do. Because as I get older, I want to be able to spend my time doing lots of fun physical activities that I just didn't have as much time for as I wanted when work and kid obligations got in the way. Surfing is very very high on that list. I still suck at it now......but I promise you the older I get, the better Ill be at it. it certainly felt good the last time I went, that my muscular endurance was up to the test. Everyone was very sore the next day in the group, but I was ready to go with out any soreness. Have fun play and stay young ;-)


Just missed that one ;-)
There's always the next one.

5 comments:

Yummy said...

Hey Marc, looking good out there! I haven't surfed in a long time...you're inspiring me to go out again.
It's hard to learn but once you get up on that first wave, there is nothing like that rush!
The water there looks so gorgeous.

Love your shrimp recipe. Sounds delicious!

Marc said...

Hi Yummy,

Thanks. Yes get back to surfing....although that water where you live can be on the cold side ;-)

I'll never forget when I "caught" my first wave...I was instantly hooked.

Marc

Mark said...

Good question - I guess it's become part of who I am now. Exercising is really a hobby - something I just enjoy doing.

Marc said...

Mark,

That's very true too. It is a hobby for me too, something I enjoy doing....thanks for pointing that out.
How are the Nike Free's treating you?

Marc

Mark said...

So far so good on the nikes. They run small though - I thought I got a large enough pair, but found that I can't wear them with most of the socks I own. Been trying out sockless with foot powder to cut down on sweating but that doesn't seem very primal to me. I guess I need some thinner socks!